1. Open the folder: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\WindowsDefender\Scans\History
2. Delete the SERVICE Folder and close File Explorer.
3. Open Windows Security > Virus and Threat Protection > Manage Settings. Toggle Off then On - Real Time protection and Cloud Delivered Protection.
Turn off "Controlled Folder Access" in Windows Security Before Using:
(a) Debut Screen Recorder
(b) 4K Video Downloader
(c) HD Video Converter
(d) OBS Studio
OBS Studio will not work on a Laptop with two Video Adapters.
WINSETUP Folder with Camera Roll Sub Folder is created on USB Stick. This folder is created by the Camera Application when you copy and paste from USB to Picture folder.
For some reason Chrome is displaying web pages slightly larger than Firefox or Edge. You can adjust the Zoom Settings on Chrome to 80% then it will look the same.
Click on the three dots in the upper right corner (Customize and Control Google Chrome) and in the drop down menu next to zoom, Click on - and adjust to 80%.
1. If you've ever looked at removable media and found several hidden files which start with ._ and there exists one for almost every file (or folder) on the disk, this is the result of having that media being used on or copied from macOS.
I had a USB Memory stick with several files on it (PDF, Power Point, JPG) and all of the started with ._xxxxxxx.pdf. When I tried to open one of these files on Windows it came up with a error notice saying the file was corrupt and would not open. However, when I used the same USB in my MAC, the files opened with no problem.
macOS keeps a copy of file metadata in a separate area, known as Extended Attributes (xattr) on HFS+ or APFS. However, when writing to external media which is not formatted as HFS+ or APFS (thus not having the capability to store extended attributes), it will write this information out as a separate file which will have the same name, just prefixed with dot-underscore ._
I tested this on my MAC by going to the Photos Library and selecting all the pictures, Copy and then Paste onto a USB stick. The Files took a while to Copy the result was two copies of each file, one with the ._ file name and one with the normal file name. The ones with the normal file name opened OK on windows but not the others. I deleted all the ._ files and the other files were still OK.
- This page last updated on 18 23/04/21