Click Here To Check if you have an account that has been compromised in a data breach
Click Here for On-Line Virus Scan of individual files or Web Links
Click Here to Download Inspectre Tool to check if your Windows computer is protected from the Meltdown and Spectre Hardware Flaws.
Click Here to test your Firewall
Click Here to Probe Your Ports (Hacker Check)
Click Here to download Malwarebytes
Click Here to download ADW Cleaner
A few basic rules about security:
- Keep your operating system up to date. That means using the latest version of Windows, Apple or Android.
- Make sure you have a Antivirus program installed and keep it up to date. Windows 10 has a very good built in Anti Virus Program - Windows Security (Defender).
- Make sure you have a Antispyware, Antimalware program installed and keep it up to date. Malwarebytes is highly recommended.
- Protect yourself from online scams.
- Beware of Scam Emails. DO NOT click on web links in Emails or open attachments unless your sure of the content.
- Beware of Scam Telephone calls. NBN, Telstra, Tax Department, Your Bank = Will NOT call you. Do not allow remote access to your computer. HANG UP.
- Protect your privacy online. Do not give out personnel details.
- Do not use pirated software, especially your operating system.
- Use strong passwords and different passwords for different sites. Passwords should be at least 8 to 12 characters long and made up of random
upper case, lower case, numbers and symbols. Never use dictionary words and it
would be a good plan to keep your account information in a little black book (write down your passwords). This
record book should be available to the Executor of your Will.
- Example of a Strong Password: XZm4e6$$*
- Take care when buying online - research the supplier and use a safe payment method like
PayPal or a pre-paid credit card.
- Take care when installing programs. Read all the options and UN-Tic those items wanting to install additional programs or tool bars.
- Be alert about claims for free downloads and free scans to remove malware from your computer. Rogue programs will install themselves on
your PC and give you false notifications that you have a virus or other malware in order to take your money.
- Be alert for Driver Update claims. Do not download Driver Update programs.
- Back up your Files to an external device.
- Perform a Disk Clean. Clean house (remove left over junk programs and files). CCleaner is a good program to use.
- When Not in use: Turn Off WIFI, Blue Tooth and GPS Locations services.
- Cover your built in Camera when not in use.
- Turn off Synchronizing if not in use.
- Disable Remote Access and File and Print Sharing if your not using it
- Keep your computer clean (Physically).
- Ask for help when you need it
- Don't procrastinate.
Read about the Latest Threats at these web sites:
- This page last updated on 24 Apr 2021