1. Right Click on the Desktop and select New Shortcut from the pop up menu.
(3) Type the location of the item: c:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe /s /t 5 and press next (as shown above). T0 does not work with windows 10.
(note: there is a space after exe, /s and /t5)
(4) Give the new short cut a name: SHUTDOWN then click Finish.
(5) Right click on the new short cut and click on properties. Change the ICON.
Select the shutdown power icon as shown above the click OK and OK again to close the properties window.
(6). Right click on the new short cut and select "Pin to Start Menu".
- This page last updated on 2 Sep 2017